Golden Gate Half Marathon
Saturday, November 7th, 2015
Golden Gate Half Expo & Packet Pickup - Herbst Pavilion, Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
More info on the Golden Gate Half Expo here »
Sunday, November 8th, 2015
Start - Aquatic Park waterfront, San Francisco
Half Marathon Start - 7:00am
Finish Line Great Meadow at Fort Mason, San Francisco
Festival Begins - 8:10am
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may not be able to participant in future events.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. If accompanied by a parent or guardian, any age can participate in the 5k.
- You must be in good health.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Golden Gate Half Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Course Time Limits
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be strictly enforced. Participants must maintain a pace of 14:00 min / per mile to finish the 13.1 miles in under 3 hours. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area.
Our Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary. Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course.
Gear check will be available near the start line.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
We are excited to announce The 2015 Golden Gate Half Marathon will have a new finish line venue - Fort Mason, Great Meadow.
The race will still kick off on the waterfront with sweeping views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate but this year you will get to enjoy some of the clearest & most iconic views of the Bridge and hills of San Francisco as you cross the Finish Line!
Once you cross the finish line, you'll rehydrate, refuel as well as be awarded your well deserved finisher's medal. Be sure to grab all your goodies and celebrate with all your friends and family.
COURSE & VENUE
The race kicks off on the waterfront in Aquatic Park on historic Muni Pier with sweeping views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The course travels through the Marina, Crissy Field, the Presidio and across the famous Golden Gate Bridge — out east, returning west - exposing breathtaking sights of the San Francisco cityscape & coastline.
You’ll return along the Golden Gate Promenade, up into the grand finish at the Great Meadow in Fort Mason.
Click to view our online Interactive Course Map:
You’ve crossed the finish line on the waterfront in Aquatic Park and met with local volunteers placing a finisher’s medal around your neck. As you are catching your breath, you’re awarded with a commemorative reusable bottles, hot food and escorted to celebrate your accomplishment in the beer garden.
At the RunSF Festival, we’ve assembled a local collection of music, food, beer & wine to reflect the spirit of San Francisco’s culture.
The festival celebration is open to the public. Everyone is welcome to cheer on the runners, experience San Francisco hospitality and celebrate everything this great town has to offer.
- Gorgeous course showcasing the San Francisco Bay and waterfront, Crissy Field,
the Presidio, and of course the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Commemorative, reusable Water Bottle
- Gender Specific Technical Shirt (one you’ll actually wear)
- Awesome Finisher’s Medal (we’re talking serious hardware)
- Free Admission to the post-race RunSF Festival
(the reason we all run, right?)
- More to come!
Parking: Garages & Maps
Bay Area Trip Planner: http://tripplanner.transit.511.org
Whether you're notching your first 13.1 miles at the Golden Gate Half or looking to notch a personal best on Nov.8, Marathon Matt's Run Club will have you ready.Training begins on Sat, 8/22 @ 9:30AM at A Runner's Mind in San Francisco.
Run Club includes FIVE workouts/week you can leverage in San Francisco from 8/22 through 11/8. Here's the lowdown...
- Tuesday Night Maintenance Runs @ 6:30PM in three locations A Runner's Mind, Golden Gate Park, & Downtown
- Wednesday Night Bootcamp @ 6:30PM, Downtown
- Thursday Night Speedwork @ 6:30PM, The Marina
- Saturday Morning Long Runs @ 9:30AM, Launching from A Runner’s Mind (3575 Sacramento St.) (*NOTE-Course routes vary each week and include Golden Gate Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, and more)
- Sunday Morning Trail Runs @ 9:30AM, Launching from A Runner’s Mind (3575 Sacramento St.)
Additional Run Club perks include...
- $20 Gift Card to A Runner’s Mind
- A Technical Training Shirt
- A VIP discount for the Golden Gate Half
- 20% Off All Sasquatch Racing Events
- Discounts with PSOAS Massage/Bodywork
- A Comprehensive Training Schedule with Multiple Training Levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Two Weekly eNewsletters Supporting Your Training
- Access to a Private Facebook Group Page to Connect with Your Teammates
- Social Events
- Much More!
Full time registration is $150 and gets you access to 3 or more workouts/week.
Part time registration is $120 and gets you access to 2 workouts/week (you can choose different workouts every week if desired)
Single workout options (Saturday long runs, Sunday trail runs, etc) are $75-$100.
Join A Runner’s Mind to get Golden Gate Half-ready with training runs throughout the week. Leaving from their San Francisco store, they meet Thursdays (hill repeats) and Tuesdays at 7pm and Saturdays at 9am.
For more information on happenings at both their San Francisco and Burlingame stores, check out their Facebook page.